CLASS C CDL Tire Technician
Sorry, this job has expired.
Texas Disposal Systems is now hiring a Tire Technician.
As a Tire Technician you will be responsible for monitoring and maintaining the overall condition of the tires on all of our company vehicles.
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• At least 1 year of experience.
• Valid Class C Commercial Driver’s License (CDL).
• Must complete formal training in tire repair operations within the first 90 days of employment.
• Must possess some tools.
• Must have knowledge of tire sizes and application, required repairs.
• Must have knowledge of safety rules and regulations and be able to properly identify indicators of tire failures.
• Wear appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE) when and where required.
• Report immediately any safety violations and correcting unsafe acts or conditions.
• Comply with company safety policies and with applicable state and federal regulations.
• Conduct fleet checks and document the data.
• Respond to service calls for units requiring attention when out on routes or off-site.
• Change, repair, and rotate tires, as needed.
• Process proper wheel torque sequences for multiple vehicle applications.
• Track tire usage.
• Document tire shop operations and track time in accordance with company procedures.
• Request parts and tires as needed.
• Adhere to policies governing safety by correcting unsafe acts or conditions and report safety violations to manager.
• Attend safety meetings.
• Maintain service truck readiness to include safety equipment, tools, equipment, and cleanliness.
• Oversee tire repairs and crews performing the task.
• Maintain Dossier repair order documentation to include repair description, parts used, and repair times.
• Perform monthly inventories as required.
• Must be able to drive a vehicle with a gross vehicle weight (GVW) not to exceed 26,000 pounds.
• Must have excellent communication skills.
• Must have the ability to conduct scrap analysis.
Texas Disposal Systems (TDS) is a locally owned and managed Texas group of companies, committed to its customers, the communities it serves, its employees, its neighbors, and to being good environmental stewards.
TDS helps communities, organizations and schools manage and divert waste to beneficial uses. Our commitment to diversion is evidenced by our fully integrated facility, which incorporates solid waste disposal, compost production and recycling operations. We provide the highest quality and most environmentally friendly waste processing services in the best interests of our customers, employees and the community.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.