Diesel Truck Technician / Mechanic
Sorry, this job has expired.
La Grange, TX
Vision Insurance, Life Insurance, Health Insurance, Disability Insurance, Dental Insurance, 401K / Retirement plan
Texas Disposal Systems is now hiring Mechanics.
Relocation reimbursement on a case by case basis.
On a day to day basis as a Mechanic, you can expect to:
• Perform maintenance on all company assets.
• Overhaul minor components and replacements.
• Assist all mechanics, mechanic helpers, and technicians with electrical, hydraulic, and computer diagnostics.
• Assist technicians with major overhauls on major components. • Perform scheduled and unscheduled preventative maintenance.
• Respond to service and road calls.
• Graduate of an accredited technical school 2-year program.
• 3-5 years of heavy truck or equipment maintenance experience, including experience performing maintenance on Class 8 trucks and heavy equipment, or at least 10 years’ industrial and heavy equipment maintenance experience.
• Must have a Texas Class B and Class C Commercial Driver’s License.
• Must be ASE Certified.
• Must have formal diesel and heavy equipment training.
• Must possess your own tools.
• Working knowledge of hydraulic systems.
• Wear appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE) when and where required.
• Perform preventive maintenance or repairs on company assets according to work pending reports, VCR reports, PM schedules, and the direction of the Maintenance Team.
• Document repair operations and time-tracking in accordance with company procedures.
• Requisition parts as necessary.
• Perform failure analysis and reporting findings to maintenance management.
• Ensure work area is clean and neat.
• Maintain service truck readiness including safety equipment, tools, equipment, and cleanliness.
• Assist coworkers with diagnostics and repairs.
• Comply with company safety policies and with applicable state and federal regulations.
• Report immediately any safety violations and correct unsafe acts or conditions.
• Conduct technical inspections and document findings.
• Maintain repair order documentation to include repair description, parts used, and repair times.
• Perform monthly inventories as required.
• Must have effective time management skills.
• Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Texas Disposal Systems (TDS) is a locally owned and managed Texas group of companies, committed to its customers, the communities it serves, its employees, its neighbors, and to being good environmental stewards.
TDS helps communities, organizations and schools manage and divert waste to beneficial uses. Our commitment to diversion is evidenced by our fully integrated facility, which incorporates solid waste disposal, compost production and recycling operations. We provide the highest quality and most environmentally friendly waste processing services in the best interests of our customers, employees and the community.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.