Human Resources Coordinator
Sorry, this job has expired.
Texas Disposal Systems is now hiring a Human Resources Coordinator.
As the Human Resources Coordinator you are responsible for providing human resource guidance to all levels of management and employees. You will develop and implement HR programs to support employment, job analysis, compensation, training and professional development, and compliance.
• Bachelor’s degree and 4 years experience working in an HR environment or the equivalent in education and experience.
• Intermediate proficiency with the Microsoft Office suite – i.e. Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and HRIS systems.
• Ability to travel overnight outside of standard business hours.
• Ability to work extended periods outside of standard business hours on occasion.
• Must be detail-oriented and possess a strong work ethic.
• Working knowledge of company HR policies and procedures and state and federal employment laws.
• Manage the full recruiting cycle, including pre-employment process and onboarding.
• Conduct regular follow-ups with managers to determine the effectiveness of recruiting and retention plans and provide input on implementation strategy.
• Maintain and update the applicant tracking module and the company’s careers website.
• Maintain all selection records, ensuring that the company remains compliant with the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission.
• Conduct a needs assessment, develop curriculum, and conduct training sessions on various HR-related topics.
• Develop and maintain the job analysis program to improve hiring process and retention.
• Participate and assist with development of job descriptions, analyzing departmental and company-wide strategy.
• Manage audits of data, files, and business documents, and develop action plan(s) to resolve findings.
• Consult with management as an HR subject matter expert.
• Enforce company policies.
• Provide consultations to managers on employment process.
• Develop and maintain vendor relationships.
• Work with established vendors to develop and implement solutions to meet business needs, including Workers’ Compensation, benefits, pre-employment, employment agencies, and medical providers.
• Design systems in collaboration with vendors and deliver implementation.
• Collaborate with the Safety Department to ensure compliance with federal and state laws.
• Develop and maintain procedures and paperwork for documenting and tracking personnel transactions–i.e. payroll changes, job changes, new hires, separations, etc.
• Stay abreast of HR trends and employment laws to ensure compliance with applicable local, state and federal regulations.
• Conduct New Employee Orientation sessions.
• Participate in HR initiatives including job fairs, software implementation, open enrollment, and benefit health fairs.
• Assist the department director with special projects or management reports.
• Excellent interviewing, organizational, leadership, and training skills.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
• Ability to work independently and also take direction.
• Ability to successfully manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Ability to work well with internal and external customers at all levels of the company.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.